Executive Assistant to President/CEO and StaffGreeley Area Chamber of Commerce
Greeley Area Chamber of Commerce
Executive Assistant to President/CEO and Staff
Reports To: President/CEO
To enhance the economic vitality of our community.
The Greeley Area COC anticipates, collaborates and acts on challenges and opportunities that impact our community's vitality.
The following is a list of major duties and responsibilities for this position along with certain supportive duties. It is not all-inclusive.
This position enhances the Executive's effectiveness by providing support and representing the executive to the internal team and external community. The Executive Assistant's primary role is to work with the President and leadership team to provide top-level assistance. This position is trusted with complex duties and communications including handling incoming and outgoing calls, filing and clerical work, as well as organizing notices and conducting and scheduling meetings. This role will maintain filing systems and databases as well as handle employee records and confidential communications. This position should demonstrate the positive aspects of Chamber and how the Chamber is impacting the growth of businesses in Greeley.
The position offers employment benefits. Wages are based on experience.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conserves executives time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence drafting letters and documents, collecting and analyzing information and initiating communications
• Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting and editing, retrieving, copying and transmitting text, data and emails
• Maintains executive's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings conferences and travel
• Represents the executive by attending meetings, taking notes and sending out notices for meetings
• Welcomes guests, members and board members by greeting at meetings and directing guests
• Maintains the president's and customers confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
• Completes projects on time and ahead of schedule
• Assigns work to staff as assigned and follows up on results
• Prepares reports, agendas and needed documents by analyzing needed information with attention to detail
• Contributes to team effort by assisting other staff with work as needed
Competencies and required job skills:
• Listening and Communication Skills: This role is expected to follow instruction and take the lead on follow-up. May need to relate messages and instructions based on direction from the supervisor. Good listening and communication skills ensure messages are relayed correctly
• People/Interpersonal Skills: This position will be working directly with the President and leadership team. The EA may be the first line of communication between the President and the outside world; potentially speaking with board members, other employees and upper management
• Organizational Skills: The President will rely heavily on the EA to keep the working day in order. Scheduling meetings and travel plans. This will require terrific organization skills
• Communication Skills; Writing emails, transcribing notes, faxing and copying creating spreadsheets and printing documents heavily figure into each day
• HR skills; this is not a requirement but would be welcomed in working with employees and assisting accounting with sensitive employee documentation
• Team skills – exhibits the ability to get along well with others, is open to new ideas, accepts authority and responsibility
• Judgement – displays willingness to make independent decisions, exhibits sound judgment, makes timely decision, and accepts responsibility for results. Also maintains confidentiality and keeps President and member needs at the forefront.
• Organized self-starter – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities without supervision, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Problem solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Understands the policies and workplace guidelines as directed by the Board of Directors, and work within those limits.
• Will work in conjunction with the Chamber President/CEO and staff to carry out the mission of the Chamber.
Knowledge, Skills, Education and Abilities:
• 3 + years' experience as an Assistant or Executive Assistant
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• Superior organizational skills as well as flexibility
• Ability to use digital communications including as proficiency in excel, outlook, word
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work under deadlines with excellent follow-up
• Valid driver's license, use of vehicle, and good driving record.
• Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds