Here, you will find a team-centered environment that’s rewarding, challenging and exciting.
- 89% of our employees say this is a GREAT place to work
- Certified as a great workplace by the Great Place to Work (GPTW) Institute
- Named a “Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality” by the Human Rights Campaign
- Outstanding Total Rewards package to appreciate and acknowledge our employees
- Ranked a Healthiest 100 employer (Our 5th consecutive year in the Top 100)
- A Beyond the Yellow Ribbon company
- Total well-being program with cash incentive opportunity
Position is located at Spiritwood Station
- Provide routine and emergency maintenance on mechanical equipment to ensure safe, efficient and reliable electrical plant operation.
- Provide guidance, maintenance management and make recommendations to ensure continuous process improvement.
- Experience with turning down shafts on a manual lathe, operating a manual lathe and vertical milling machines
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in Mechanical Maintenance or Welding Technology or equivalent experience.
Provide routine and emergency maintenance on mechanical equipment to ensure safe, efficient and reliable electric plant operation. Provide guidance, maintenance management and make recommendations to ensure continuous process improvement.
- Performs complex overhauls, predictive, preventive, and breakdown maintenance on a variety of complex mechanical equipment to ensure plant availability and to maximize plant efficiency.
- Coordinates the planning, implementation, startup and long-term operations of new equipment and systems to facilitate safe, accurate and efficient operations.
- Manages all aspects of existing equipment and process maintenance for assigned plant area while ensuring safe and reliable operations.
- Maintains proficiency through continuous learning and regulatory compliance from various agencies to ensure safety to self, others, and equipment. Agencies include, but are not limited to: NFPA, OSHA, EPA, and the State Department of Health.
- Utilizes, maintains, and updates detailed maintenance documentation records needed to support a safe and professional work environment.
Education & Experience
A two year Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree in Mechanical Maintenance Technology or vocational or technical training in the various phases of mechanical maintenance, welding, and/or pipefitting; and/or the equivalent combination of experience required. Three years of fossil fuel power plant mechanic or equivalent experience in a mechanical maintenance field is preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Qualified candidates will find we have a lot to offer: comprehensive benefits package, wellness programs, continuing education, generous retirement plan, a team-based, collaborative culture and more!
If you’re ready to work in an environment that’s rewarding, challenging and exciting Click Apply by July 5, 2021.
GRE is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disabled/Vets Employer.