Project Manager, Facilities Services (2000)
Posting Number: req1110
Working 12 months per year
Finance and Administration
Pocatello - Main
To plan and coordinate construction-project development; review construction project plans and specifications for technical
content and accuracy; perform project management responsibilities; perform related work.
1. Liaison between the State Division of Public Works project managers, Idaho State University personnel, outside
architects/engineers and contractors to ensure our projects meet the needs of ISU faculty, staff, and students.
2. Review and dissemination of project documents, specifications, and information during the pre-design and
construction phases of new campus buildings and remodels.
3. Warranty period activities and communication with building users and contractors to get the building(s) functioning
correctly and addressing deficiencies during the first year start-up period.
4. Meetings involving ISU staff, project architects, engineers, and contractors during the design phase of new buildings
and remodels on campus to make sure campus standards are met and that the new project will be connected with our
campus systems and communities for a seamless move-in to the spaces.
5. Determine furnishings, fixtures, layouts and equipment, monitor budgets, and provide planning for new and remodel
6. Cost estimating and pre-design sketches and drawings for new buildings and remodels in the pre-design and planning
1. Bachelors Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Related Field OR a minimum seven years combined education,
training, and experience
2. Three years minimum progressively responsible experience in project management with projects exceeding $500,000
3. Capable of producing cost estimates, construction documents, and providing document review
4. Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
5. Ability to use MS Office, AutoCAD, and Project Management software
6. Knowledge of current building codes, building control systems, & construction principles
7. Ability to administer contracts through all phases of design and construction
8. Ability to recommend action for resolving or reconciling multiple variables and constraints based on analysis of
1. Licensed as an Architect, or Professional Engineer.
2. Masters degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management.
3. Related project management experience in a university setting.
Apply online at https://isu.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=1110&site=1
Please submit the following documents with your application:
CV/Resume, Cover Letter and a list of three (3) professional references with contact information.
The position will remain open until filled. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive
benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.
Idaho State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We have an institution-wide commitment to inclusion
and diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Veterans' preference. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in
the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.