Purchasing Accounting TechnicianGrass Valley School District
Purchasing Accounting Technician
Grass Valley School District
Under supervision, coordinates and performs complex accounting and clerical work of above average difficulty, including the maintenance of district financial and statistical records and other related work as required in accordance with provisions of the Education Code, Government Code, Civil Code, and public laws.
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Performs duties and responsibilities as the purchasing agent for the district.
2. Performs accounts receivable functions.
3. Performs accounting services for the various Student Councils.
4. Assists in facility related accounting processes, including California Uniform Construction Cost Accounting (CUPCCAA), Department of Industrial Relations (DIR) registration process, bidding, and contract management.
5. Assist and support facility and maintenance department as needed.
6. Reconciles bank accounts on a monthly basis.
7. Process purchase orders, pay vouchers, credit memos, mileage claims and utility bills for payments once necessary documentation is received.
8. Manages purchasing card expenditure processing and auditing.
9. Maintain financial records and files; prepare financial reports as needed using predetermined guidelines.
10. Performs student attendance audits.
11. Maintains data and documentation for the fixed assets of the district.
12. Maintains substitute calling system.
13. Provide and maintain effective customer service to District personnel and outside vendors.
14. Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Education And Experience Credentials and/or Skills And Abilities:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Desired: AA degree or equivalent with major course work in basic or intermediate accounting.
1. Knowledge of fiscal practices and procedures.
2. Modern office methods, practices, and procedures.
3. Modern technology including but not limited to PC’s, Microsoft Office, and financial accounting software.
4. Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
Experience And Training
1. Generally, the required knowledge and abilities will have been acquired through at least three years of performing responsible fiscal and statistical record-keeping, preferably including at least one year of accounts payable/receivable functions in a public schools setting.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.