Web Content & Design Specialist (Reston, VA)Government Scientific Source Inc, GSS
Web Content & Design Specialist
Summary: Government Scientific Source seeks a dynamic team player to help overhaul our e-commerce-focused website and provide regular metrics reports. The web content and design specialist will manage web content updates and initiatives via WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite, including layouts and designs to create an aesthetically pleasing, functional, SEO-optimized, easy-to-navigate, and mobile-friendly web presence. You will also create compelling reports to measure effectiveness. This role requires strong attention to detail, strong verbal and written communication skills, and responsive supplier relationship management skills as you interface with numerous suppliers in regularly uploading extensive product data and images.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work closely with GSS team members to capture and develop website content and organize content based on strategic, technical, aesthetic, and functional criteria.
- Gather product information including product images by contacting suppliers. Ensure product information has consistent and accurate formatting.
- Upload content in a timely manner and keep all content current by regular contact with suppliers.
- Design compelling monthly data reports including Google Analytics metrics of website performance, marketing campaign performance, and social media metrics.
- Help formulate and implement a creative, effective, and responsive design, including new features and functionality, such as live chat, etc.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Strong experience and knowledge of website design, development, user experience (UX), and maintenance of day-to-day operations.
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications using UI best practices.
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics and social media analytics; ability to create compelling metrics reports that are easy to read and understand both internally and by customers.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, focusing on Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
Position Type: This is a full-time position.
Work Authorization: Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required.
- This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AAP/EEO Statement: Government Scientific Source (“GSS”) is a covered federal contractor or subcontractor subject to the requirements of the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), as amended, and Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. As such, GSS is bound by the terms of VEVRAA and Section 503, and shall not discriminate against individuals with disabilities, and is committed to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of Government Scientific Source (“GSS”) to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
GSS offers excellent benefits including health insurance, FSA/DCA, 100% company-paid life and disability insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, PTO, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedule, onsite fitness room and more!