Oracle Cloud Functional SME - VAGovernment Scientific Source Inc, GSS
Oracle Cloud Functional SME
Summary: The Oracle Cloud Functional SME will provide Oracle Cloud integration support, functional service and assisting in migrating from Microsoft Nav to Oracle Cloud including data extraction, cleansing, transformation, and User Acceptance Testing.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Duties during migration include but not limited to:
- Perform as Oracle Cloud Functional Subject Matter Expert responsible for functional analysis, solutioning, and assisting with implementation and support.
- Assist with determining data migration requirements and security controls.
- Develop data validation and cleansing strategies.
- Document customer business scenarios to be executed during UAT.
- Develop and document comprehensive User Acceptance Criteria including detailed use cases and all other criteria used to determine if the system passes UAT.
- Assist with mapping the data in the format provided in conversion templates.
- Support system and user acceptance testing activities including issue resolution so that tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Assist with data transformation, data load testing, the validity of the values of the data elements, and validating data relationships.
- Assist with end-to-end integration testing to ensure the flow of data from the source applications to the target applications is accurate.
- Document results of the validation.
- Create and document a post-implementation support strategy for handling technical, functional, and training related questions.
- Assist with building training documents to support the training of staff.
Post-migration duties include but are not limited:
- Analyze and perform tests on all software development life cycle for Oracle Cloud applications.
- Perform tests on all new releases and patches and assist in the recovery of the validation process.
- Maintain documentation for change control management and prepare solutions for enhancement.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and other cross-functional team members (Developers, Functional Analysts, and Testers) to ensure the optimal transition of user requirements into functional ones.
- Perform research and evaluate all functions to develop efficient processes and ensure compliance with all standards.
- Support fellow team members through analysis, development and architecture standard improvement/augmentation according to industry best practices.
- Provide end-user support.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members of various experience levels.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or other Oracle certification relevant degree from an accredited university.
- Five+ years of IT experience, with at least 3 years of Oracle ERP sustainment experience.
- Experience with Oracle Cloud migration.
- Demonstrated functional knowledge of Oracle Fusion Applications.
- Experience in the creation and documentation of Functional design, Configuration, Test Plan, and Test Script.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously among changing priorities.
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal, troubleshooting, and analytical skills.
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
Position Type This is a full-time position.
Work Authorization: Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AAP/EEO Statement: Government Scientific Source (“GSS”) is a covered federal contractor or subcontractor subject to the requirements of the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), as amended, and Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. As such, GSS is bound by the terms of VEVRAA and Section 503, and shall not discriminate against individuals with disabilities, and is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of Government Scientific Source (“GSS”) to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. HGSS offers excellent benefits including health insurance, FSA/DCA, 100% company-paid life and disability insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, PTO, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedule, onsite fitness room and more!