Graphic-Digital Designer & Marketing Specialist (Reston, VA)Government Scientific Source Inc, GSS
Graphic-Digital Designer & Marketing Specialist
Government Scientific Source seeks a dynamic team player to produce high-quality images, design digital and printed media, and perform a variety of marketing outreach efforts. As part of our highly collaborative and energetic team, the successful candidate will create visually appealing digital and printed media including website, social media, emails, flyers, brochure and report graphics and more using Adobe Creative Suite. This team member will also engage with suppliers and customers by executing email campaigns using Constant Contact and mail merges. You’ll need to excel in deadline-driven environments while having a positive attitude, excellent attention to detail, strong verbal and written communication skills, and highly responsive skills to interface with numerous internal and external stakeholders.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work closely with GSS team members to create compelling digital and printed graphics for brand enhancement, including brand enhancement of our suppliers.
- Use Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and WordPress daily.
- Design and execute email marketing campaigns using Constant Contact, Microsoft Outlook mail merges, and extensive databases.
- Gather product information, logically organize it, and format it into engaging, consistent and accurate content for website blogs.
- Create compelling website content, flyers, daily social media, and other outreach materials.
- Interface regularly with suppliers.
- Solid knowledge of brand communication and digital marketing.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Three+ years of strong experience in Adobe Creative Suite.
- One+ years of experience with Constant Contact, Microsoft Outlook mail-merge functions, and WordPress.
- Good understanding of database management, Google Analytics, and social media analytics.
Position Type: This is a full-time position.
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Government Scientific Source (“GSS”) is a covered federal contractor or subcontractor subject to the requirements of the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), as amended, and Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. As such, GSS is bound by the terms of VEVRAA and Section 503, and shall not discriminate against individuals with disabilities, and is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
It is the policy of Government Scientific Source (“GSS”) to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. GSS offers excellent benefits including health insurance, FSA/DCA, 100% company-paid life and disability insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, PTO, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedule, onsite fitness room and more!