Business Analyst - VAGovernment Scientific Source Inc, GSS
Business Analyst GSS, an innovative small-business supplier of laboratory products and equipment to the federal government, is seeking a resourceful, self-directed, energetic individual to join our growing Reporting team as a Business Analyst.
Job Duties (include but not limited to):
- Produce accurate, consistent and timely reports by extracting information from various applications and systems, manipulating data and developing robust, user-friendly data and analysis products by means of various software tools.
- Produce and maintain inventories of standard reports.
- Participate in report design sessions with business leaders, end-users, and cross-functional teams to understand the organization’s reporting and data needs.
- Identify reporting processes that are inefficient and create or change processes that will lead to measurable gains in data quality and reporting processing times.
- Work in cross-department groups to develop automated reports in the most effective medium.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional analytical projects.
- Manage the life cycle of new analytics from assessment thru initiation, development, implementation, production, and distribution.
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing reports, and recommending actions.
- Improve financial status by analyzing results, monitoring variances, identifying trends, and recommending actions to management.
- Define business requirements and produce reports to stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering, or Technical related field, preferred.
- 2-4 years of business analytics, reporting and data visualization and analysis.
- Demonstrate understanding of and experience in developing relational databases.
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel, Access, and VBA.
- Proficiency and skill in higher-level data mining, modeling, analysis and business intelligence tools and languages a plus. (i.e. R, PowerBI, Tableau or similar).
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with a keen attention to details.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels.
- Able to summarize and communicate key financial information and business strategy at an executive level.
Hiring Location: Reston, VA GSS offers excellent benefits including health insurance, FSA/DCA, 100% company-paid life and disability insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, PTO, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedule, onsite fitness room and more!
It is the policy of GSS to maintain a drug-free workplace, and to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.