Account Specialist - GSSGovernment Scientific Source Inc, GSS
Summary: The Account Specialist will provide friendly support to GSS customers promptly and professionally. The incumbent will be proficient in the quote-to-cash process to effectively support customer needs. The Account Specialist will actively support and comply with all GSS corporate initiatives, policies and procedures.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The first level of support for all GSS inbound main 800# calls and general customer inquiries. Provides one call resolution where possible, transfer calls as needed, or take messages based on contact availability. Elevates critical issues based on guidelines.
- The first level of support for customer inquiries regarding the status of an order or shipment. Updates may include such areas as shipment tracking, product availability, pricing, and documentation. Advise customers on material backorders as information becomes available.
- Process and manage standard quotes and orders less than $10K following policies, procedures and best practices of GSS. Ensure proper documentation (i.e. confirmations, ship notice) is provided. Update 3rd party sites as required.
- Assist with requests for quotations (RFQs) less than $10K, order statuses and inquiries relating to GSS product offerings. Acts per company policy, procedures, and GSS best practices.
- Obtain special pricing from suppliers based on GSS policy, procedures or guidelines.
- Build and maintain strong relationships by enhancing the customer experience with fast, reliable, and accurate service.
- Provide first level support for inbound customer inquiries received via phone, email, or electronic.
- Participates in continuous training to expand product knowledge, enhance customer service skills and increase understanding of GSS processes.
- Serves as a customer liaison for product and service issues. Facilitate requests for product returns and replacements
- Identify and communicate potential problems or customer dissatisfaction to Account Manager(s) and Sales. Track customer complaints according to GSS policy and procedures.
- Assist Sales as required by compiling the data and the organization and presentations for Sales Meetings or Business Reviews.
- Will assist in developing written and desktop procedures for critical customers and contracts.
- Greet and professionally process on-site guests. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities under time-critical constraints.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as a part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Proficiency in ERP systems (i.e. Navision, Oracle Cloud).
- Strong problem-solving skills in both independent and group settings. Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one to three years’ experience in customer service. HOr equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associate degree in Business or science-related field.
- Proficiency with computers and their applications.
Work Standards: Sets and maintains high standards. Pays close attention to detail, accuracy, and completeness. Shows concern for all aspects of the job.
Teamwork: Interacts with people effectively both internally and externally. Co-operates within the group and across groups. Support group decisions.
Reliability: Takes personal responsibility for job performance. Completes work promptly.
Motivation: Displays energy and enthusiasm in approaching the job. Commits to putting in additional effort.
Integrity: Adheres to organizational policies and procedures.
Communication: Expresses ideas effectively. Organizes and delivers information appropriately. Listens effectively.
Ability to take tasks to completion under general supervision. Demonstrates familiarity with products and with a basic understanding of GSS product offerings.
Position Type: Full-Time.
Work Authorization: Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AAP/EEO Statement: Government Scientific Source (“GSS”) is a covered federal contractor or subcontractor subject to the requirements of the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), as amended, and Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. As such, GSS is bound by the terms of VEVRAA and Section 503, and shall not discriminate against individuals with disabilities, and is committed to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of Government Scientific Source (“GSS”) to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. GSS offers excellent benefits including health insurance, FSA/DCA, 100% company-paid life and disability insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, PTO, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedule, onsite fitness room and more!