Come join the public service team at Goodhue County Health and Human Services! You will be a part of skilled, caring and knowledgeable HHS professional team whose talents and contributions promote, strengthen, and protect the health of individuals, families, and communities in Goodhue County every single day!
Kinds of Work: Under general supervision, performs a variety of tasks related to the determination of eligibility of clients for income maintenance programs such as Food Stamps, Medical Assistance and Minnesota Family Investment Program.
Examples of Work:
* Interviews clients in person or by phone to obtain necessary factual information and verifies information received from clients.
* Explains application procedures to individual(s) and answers questions on how to complete the application forms for income maintenance programs.
* Determines eligibility for and amount of benefits for a variety of income maintenance programs, including cash, food and medical.
* Informs clients of their rights and method of appeal and other legal rights.
* Makes referrals to Social Services and other community resources, when appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of interviewing techniques and skills.
* Knowledge of human behavior.
* Knowledge of agency programs, operations, policies and procedures.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, public, co-workers and agency administration.
* Ability to organize and coordinate job activities.
* Ability to interpret legal documents, complex rules and manual materials.
* Ability to utilize and navigate in multiple software/mainframe programs.
High school diploma plus 2 years of study at a 2 or 4-year college with emphasis in the Behavioral Sciences or Business. Two (2) years of clerical experience in a County Health & Human Services Agency, or 3 years of clerical experience elsewhere may be substituted for the 2 years of post-high school education.
Rate of Pay:
The pay is $23.80/hour. The complete County Health & Human Services benefit package is available. Full time 40 hours/week. The County's comprehensive benefit package includes medical and dental insurance, health savings account, employer paid life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave and 12 paid holidays per year. County employees are eligible for the Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
Deadline for receipt of applications is 4:30 p.m. on September 25, 2020.
In order to be considered for this job, you must take and pass an examination, which is offered online. After your Merit System application has been submitted, you will be sent an email with a unique link to access the examination sections.
You will need a calculator and/or scratch paper in order to complete this exam. Set aside enough time to take this examination in one sitting. It is a timed exam and will allow one hour and thirty minutes to take the exam; a timer will appear in the upper right hand corner of your screen.
1. You must complete the exam by no later than midnight, September 30, 2020.
2. Several of the modules/examination sections are not compatible with Apple products at this time and must be completed in a Windows-based computer system, so you may need to use another Windows-compatible computer to complete the exam(s).
Goodhue County Health & Human Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer