Setting IV ParaprofessionalGoodhue County Education District
Goodhue County Education District has an immediate opening for a Setting IV Paraprofessional. This paraprofessional will work under the supervision of special education teachers serving students for EBD, ASD, or DCD in a Setting IV program at River Bluff Education Center in Red Wing.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:45 a.m. -3:00 p.m., 172 student days + 4 professional development days.
Start Date: Immediately
Pay: Starting pay is $14.18 per hour dependent on qualifications
Benefits: Benefits are in accordance with the labor agreement covering Paraprofessionals
Required Qualifications:A high school diploma or GED and one of the following:
- An AA, AS, AAS (or higher) degree, or
- Passing score of 460 (or higher) on the ParaPro Assessment. (For more information on the ParaPro Assessment, contact Educational Testing Service at 1-800-772-9476 or www.ets.org/parapro)
- Pass training for full certification of Professional Crisis Management (PCM).
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and restrain students in emergency situations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Completion of any required training necessary for the position.
- Education assistant/paraprofessional or teaching experience
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities
- Experience and/or training in behavior management
Click apply today for all the details to be considered.