Flight AttendantGoJet Airlines
Does getting paid to travel sound like your idea of a dream job? That’s exactly what our flight attendants do every day!
Our growing airline is looking for friendly and outgoing individuals to join our team of flight attendants. No previous experience is required, but successful applicants will be highly professional, enthusiastic, and committed to providing our passengers with the highest standards of customer service.
As our flight attendants have the most in-person interactions with our passengers, they have the biggest opportunity to impact the customer experience. That means that we work hard to find just the right candidates to fill our flight attendant positions. The ability to successfully work as part of a team with pilots and ground crews is a must.
Individuals who love to travel and meet new people thrive in this role. If that sounds like you, we’d like to meet you!
Flight Attendants will be based at the following crew base:
- Chicago, IL (ORD)
Flight Attendants must reside or be willing to relocate to within two hours of the Chicago-O'Hare Airport.
- Must be at least 19 years of age;
- Must possess a valid driver's license or state ID;
- Current passport or other travel documents allowing you to freely exit and re-enter the U.S. (multiple reentry status)
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. (possess proper working documents)
- Must possess excellent communication skills and have a professional and conservative appearance;
- Must adhere to uniform standards and guidelines with no tattoos or body art visible at any time while in uniform. Examples of visible tattoo locations include, but are not limited to, hands, arms, neck, and face;
- Possess a high school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Read, write, and speak fluently in English. The ability to read and converse in another language is a plus;
- Must have 20/40 correctable vision in each eye;
- Must have a minimum height of 4'11" and a maximum height of 6'0" (without shoes);
- Must have the ability to work days, nights, holidays, and weekends and extended hours away from home;
- Must be willing to work on an on-call basis;
- Must be able to relocate to assigned domicile;
- Must have a reliable mode of transportation to and from the airport;
- Must have the ability to walk and fit comfortably down the aircraft aisle while facing forward, fit quickly through the over-wing exit, and sit in the Flight Attendant jumpseat without modification or a seatbelt extension;
- DOT required pre-employment drug test;
- TSA required fingerprint check for Criminal History Records Check;
- Must have flown at least once as a passenger;
GoJet Airlines operates flights every day of the year, requiring Flight Attendants to work a variable schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays. Flight Attendants bid on schedules and schedules are awarded based on seniority. Flight Attendants can expect to have a reserve (on-call) schedule during their first year of employment.
Salary & Compensation
Starting pay for a Flight Attendant is $18.00 per flight hour, which increases to $20.25 per flight hour after one year of service. Flight Attendants are guaranteed 75 flight hours per month. The company pays for parking in domicile and all hotel accommodations while on a company scheduled trip, as well as $1.80 per hour in per diem while away from base on a trip.
Those selected for employment must successfully complete a company paid training program at our Flight Attendant Training Center in Saint Louis, MO as well as hands on evaluation in the aircraft. Training is approximately six weeks in length.
GoJet encourages all flight attendant applicants to pursue a certificate from the Inflight Institute prior to applying. Priority consideration is given to candidates who possess or are pursuing a certificate from the Inflight Institute, and we strongly encourage all candidates to do so. However, please note that holding a certificate from Inflight Institute.com does not guarantee an interview or employment, though it is considered a tremendous asset.