Cabana Hosts, Change Runner, LifeguardsGlenwood Hot Springs Resort
Glenwood Hot Springs Resort Part-Time, Seasonal and/or Year Round
*Athletic Club Reception
*Parking Lot Attendants
*Pool Maintenance Operators Full-Time Year-Round
*Accounts Payable Coordinator 14 and Older
*Pool Attendants 16 and Older
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Prior lifeguarding experience “at least one season”.
• Current Licenses and certifications:
o Red Cross Lifeguard and Lifeguard Instructor, Will accept Ellis, U.S. Coast Guard, YMCA.
Must pass swim and rescue test, convert to Red Cross.
o First Aid / CPR / AED.
o Willingness to obtain American Red Cross Lifeguard Management Certification.
• Ability to work cooperatively as a team member, and to monitor and supervise said team in order to provide the best possible service to our guests as well as the company.
• Willingness to cross-train in other departments as assigned and provide help and support to other departments, including covering breaks and/or shifts if requested.
• The employee regularly works under outdoor weather conditions, is routinely exposed to the sun, may be exposed to extreme heat or cold; works on uneven and/or slippery surfaces.
• Ability to focus attention on pool area without distraction.
• Physical agility required to perform all the activities of the Lifeguard job, including the ability to walk to all areas of the facility, climb stairs, run, swim, and walk; stand and sit for long periods; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear both in person from close and long distances and by phone or radio; use hands to grasp, handle, feel or operate lifesaving equipment.
• Adequate physical agility to perform the physical tasks required to operate the Pool, including visual and hearing acuity.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and read instructions and pass all Lifeguard training to receive appropriate certifications.
• The employee must be able to push or pull persons of all sizes, and extract them from the water as outlined in the American Red Cross Lifeguard training.
• Flexibility in working schedule, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays required.
• Other duties as assigned.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.