Resources Department Manager
The Grand Forks Senior Center is accepting applications for a Resources Department Manager. This is a 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday position. A full benefit package is included. This is a hands-on position with a combination of management and service delivery. No nights, weekends or holidays. Current staffing oversight includes 2 full time LSW Resource Coordinators, 1 part time rural Resource Coordinator, one social work intern per semester and under 10 volunteers.
Job summary: This position is a department manager position and is responsible for the planning, direction and coordination of all Resources department activities for older adults over the age of 60 in Grand Forks County & Nelson County. This position works with the staff and volunteers to provide quality service to all customers. Department services include working with residents to identify personal needs, goals, values and preferences; provide education, information, and decision support in choosing and accessing services; encourage planning for long-term support and services; all while respecting the person's right to privacy, confidentiality and self-determination. These services are done in the senior center offices and/or in client's home. The manager, working with the Executive Director, is responsible for establishing departmental policies & procedures; personnel management; fiscal planning & annual budget; overseeing purchase of supplies and equipment; adherence to all regulations; and adherence to all Association policies. The Resources dept manager oversees implementation of any grant funding for the department including new or expanding services, equipment purchases and education programs. The manager participates in Association and community-based committees as required and as requested by the Executive Director or Board of Directors.
* Bachelor's degree in social work, preferred, or bachelor's degree in a related field, required.
* Valid driver's license, current car insurance and access to personal vehicle is required.
* Ability to develop rapport with older persons, employees, community members, agencies and businesses.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality on all matters pertaining to clientele.
* Must have excellent communication and organizational skills and a professional demeanor.
* Interest and support of services related to older adults.
* Must be physically able to visit older adults in their home settings.
* Demonstrated experience working with older adults is required.
* One-year experience in administrative & supervisory duties required. Three to five years preferred. Should reach competency in this position within 6 months.
Start date for the position is approximately May 17, 2021. Starting wage is negotiable.