Meals on Wheels ManagerGF Senior Center
Site: Grand Forks Senior Center, 620 4th Ave. South, Grand Forks until Summer 2020 then located at 1200 S. Columbia Rd (Altru Hospital) in Grand Forks
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm.
Education: Bachelor's degree (business, nutrition or social services) preferred, but experience is welcome as a substitute for a degree
Wage: $21.50 hour, full-time with benefits
This hands-on management position performs a variety of tasks, while leading the Meals on Wheels program at the senior center.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate Meals on Wheels program to deliver hot and frozen meals to homebound individuals in the cities of Grand Forks and East Grand Forks
- Develop & maintain meal delivery routes as needed
- Recruit, train & oversee volunteer drivers
- Complete Federal Title III, insurance and state required paperwork for billing and compliance
- Oversee communication and correspondence with clients and family members, including initial information and eligibility screening, phone calls, client statements and payment questions
- May have to assemble cold bags in the morning; Assemble weekly frozen meal requests for transport; May assist in the kitchen for dishing and sealing of hot meals
- Work with Public Relations and Development staff to provide public relations and delivery experiences to community members, UND students and others. May also perform outreach within the community to recruit volunteers.
- Make referrals to Resources as needed for assessments and other needs.
This position will work with the Executive Director and Development Officer on merging Meals on Wheels and Home Delivered Meals into one large meal delivery program based out of Altru hospital (where Home Delivered Meals is currently) by Fall 2020. At that time, direct management will include up to seven employees, staffing three daily positions and serving approximately 180 meals/day.
- Computer and basic math skills are required with the ability to learn additional computer programs
- Organizational skills are a must. The ability to communicate in a clear concise manner in an oral, as well as written, format is essential. Fluency of the English language is required.
- Management experience is preferred
- Must have the ability to handle customer and volunteer requests and complaints in a calm, tactful, skillful and friendly manner
- Must be kind and understanding of clients with mental confusion and physical disabilities
This position is front and center for our flagship Meals on Wheels program and must be clean, friendly, upbeat and accommodating at all times. Interactions will cover all races, income levels, and mental abilities.
Providing opportunities for older adults to live to their full potential.