Meals on Wheels Coordinator
Meals on Wheels Coordinator
Site: Grand Forks Senior Center, 620 4th Ave. South, Grand Forks
Schedule: Monday-Thursday 7 am-3:30 pm or 8 am-4:30 pm and Fridays 7 or 8 am-1:30 pm
Remote work not available
Education: Minimum High School graduate
Wage: $21/hour; full time with benefits
This position performs a variety of tasks while coordinating the Meals on Wheels program at the Grand Forks Senior Center.
Duties & responsibilities include:
* Coordinate the Meals on Wheels program to deliver hot and frozen meals for approximately 140 homebound older adults in the city of Grand Forks and approximately 40 clients in rural Grand Forks and Nelson counties.
* Develop & maintain meal delivery routes; recruit, train, schedule & oversee volunteer delivery drivers; deliver routes periodically to be familiar with routes and as needed for volunteer cancellation (mileage is paid).
* Accurately input entrée choices, meal delivery dates and cancellations into the my senior center computer program.
* Provide communication and correspondence with clients, family members and volunteers including: dealing with daily phone calls, monthly client statements, payment questions, emails and volunteer opportunities and questions.
* Work with the kitchen staff to bag frozen meal requests as needed.
* Work with the Public Relations and Development staff to provide delivery experiences to community members, UND students and others.
* Refer clients with service needs to our Resources department.
* Computer and basic math skills are required with the ability to learn additional computer programs. A high rate of accuracy is a must for the data entry portion of this job.
* Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task are a must. The ability to communicate in a clear concise manner in an oral as well as written format is essential. Fluency of the English language is required.
* Valid driver's license, current auto insurance and access to personal vehicle is required.
* Must have the ability to develop rapport with older adults, family members, co-workers, volunteers, community members, agencies and businesses, and older persons.
* Must have the ability to handle customer and volunteer requests and complaints in a calm, tactful, skillful, and friendly manner. Must be kind and understanding of clients with mental confusion and physical disabilities.
* Experience working with senior citizens is preferred.
* This position is front and center for our flagship Meals on Wheels program and must be clean, friendly, upbeat, and accommodating at all times. Interactions will cover all races, income levels and mental abilities.
Position advertising closes on Feb 28 at 4:30 pm.
Providing Opportunities for Older Adults to Live to Their Full Potential