Site: Grand Forks Senior Center, 620 4th Ave South, Grand Forks, ND 58201
Work Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 6:30am-11:30 with the ability to work until 1pm as needed (set schedule, not flexible); 20+ hours/week
NO NIGHTS or WEEKENDS
Wage: $19/hour with full benefit package (prorated for part time)
Education/Qualifications: Ability to read and write English and work independently completing daily list of duties; Must be at least 16 years of age
Experience: One-year commercial food service preferred but will train the right person.
Physical and Mental Demands: Normal mental and visual demands. Work is light to moderate. The majority of the shift is spent standing or walking.
Working Conditions: All work is done indoors at the GF Senior Center. May be exposed to heat, extreme cold (walk in freezer) and a variety of odors. Exposure to cleaning chemicals can be expected.
The Grand Forks Senior Center has an opening for a part time kitchen assistant to work in our central kitchen at 620 4th Ave. So.
* Bags items for cold meal part of Meals on Wheels program and helps on the hot line to dish the hot Meals on Wheels. Requires repetitious shoulder & arm activity.
* Helps prepare & dish large quantities of hot and cold food for the senior citizen meal program in Grand Forks including the senior dining program for the GF Senior Center
and two off-sites; Meals on Wheels; frozen meals; and snacks. Average meal number is 275-500/day.
* Assists the Head Cook in the preparation of nutritious & tasty meals, in a safe and sanitary manner.
* Assists in keeping kitchen area and equipment safe & sanitary.
* Fills in for other kitchen workers as needed for vacation, medical leave etc. Must be willing to work up to 40 hours/week during fill in times.
Position Advertising Closes October 15th.
Providing opportunities for older adults to live to their full potential