Grand Forks County Resource CoordinatorGF Senior Center
Site: Grand Forks Senior Center, 620 4th Ave. South, Grand Forks, ND 58201
Work Schedule: Mondays-Fridays 8 am-4:30 pm
Education: Bachelor's degree in Social Work (LSW) is preferred, but will consider the experience.
Wage: $20.00/hour with benefits
This new, professional position will cover Grand Forks County in ND as a Resource Coordinator, working with individuals over the age of 60 and their family members. The position is responsible for meeting with individuals to discuss and explore choices for supportive services to assist seniors to remain as independent as possible in their home setting.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Leading a person-centered assessment; providing information of the availability of services which would enhance their quality of life. Most visits are in the client's home setting. This position would evaluate and identify individual needs;
- Provide information and decision support to individuals regarding support services;
- Link with appropriate resources and coordinate with other human service agencies to meet individual needs.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of activities.
- This position works with the staff and volunteers to provide quality service to all customers.
- May work with Public Relations staff to provide program marketing and presentations within the service area as needed.
This position will also train to take over as the Senior Health Insurance Counselor in the summer of 2020, providing assistance with Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.
- Bachelor's degree in social work or related field. LSW preferred.
- Valid driver's license, current auto insurance and access to personal vehicle is required.
- Ability to develop a rapport with older adults, family members, co-workers, community members, agencies and businesses, and older persons.
- Computer skills are required with the ability to learn additional computer programs.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on all matters pertaining to senior participants.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills and a professional demeanor.
- Interest and support of services related to senior population.
- Must be physically able to visit seniors in their home settings.
- Demonstrated experience working with seniors is required.
- One year experience working with older adults in a social services program or related field is preferred. Should reach competency in this position within 6 months.
The Resource Coordinator is directly responsible to the Resource Supervisor. The Resource Supervisor will be made aware of department activities and is available to offer assistance during the performance of job duties.
The Resource Coordinator is accountable for the daily duties involved in providing services to clients. Must be able to achieve a monthly unit goal.
D. Contact with Others/Communication
The Resource Coordinator will be in daily contact with a wide variety of people.
This position must represent the Grand Forks Senior Center in a professional manner during contacts, practicing poise and tact at all times. The ability to communicate in a clear concise manner in an oral, as well as written format, is essential. Fluency of the English language is required.
E. Confidential Data
The Resource Coordinator will have access to the records of clients and must agree to treat all information as confidential.
F. Mental Demands
Normal mental and visual demands. Must have the ability to understand and interpret policies, principles and procedures to implement appropriate and to communicate verbally and in writing with personnel of all levels.
G. Physical Demands
Work is light to intermediate. A majority of the day is spent walking, sitting at a desk or in senior's homes. Must be able to climb stairs without assistance and visit clients in their home settings.
H. Working Conditions
Most work is done indoors at the Senior Center or in the client's home. May be exposed to outdoor elements. May be exposed to smoke, other odors or run down conditions when visiting seniors in their homes. No exposure to infectious or hazardous materials.
I. Character of Supervision
The Resource Coordinator must be goal-oriented, motivated and have the discipline to be self-directed. Problem evaluation and adequate problem-solving decision making are required.
Responsible for obtaining all required continuing education units.
Providing opportunities for older adults to live to their full potential.