Asst Kitchen Supervisor/Baker
Asst. Kitchen Supervisor/Baker
Site: Grand Forks Senior Center, 620 4th Ave South, Grand Forks, ND 58201
Work Schedule: Monday- Friday 5am-1:30pm (40 hours/week)
NO NIGHTS, WEEKENDS or HOLIDAYS
Wage: $22/hour with full benefit package
Education/Qualifications: Ability to read and write English and work independently completing daily list of duties; Must be at least 18 years of age
Experience: Three-years commercial food service with some supervisory experience preferred.
Physical and Mental Demands: Normal mental and visual demands. Work is light to moderate. The majority of the shift is spent standing or walking.
Working Conditions: All work is done indoors at the GF Senior Center. May be exposed to heat, extreme cold (walk in freezer) and a variety of odors. Exposure to
cleaning chemicals can be expected.
The Grand Forks Senior Center has an opening for a full time Asst. Kitchen Supervisor with quantity baking experience to work in our central kitchen at 620 4th Ave. South.
* Because we have a small staff this position would help prepare & dish large quantities of hot and cold food for the senior citizen meal program in Grand Forks including the senior dining program for the GF Senior Center and two off-sites; Meals on Wheels; frozen meals; and snacks. Average meal number is 275-500/day.
* Assists the Head Cook/Supervisor in the preparation of nutritious & tasty meals, in a safe and sanitary manner. Does some baking of dessert, snack and bread items to
enhance the meals.
* Learn to do food and supply ordering, receiving, recipe development, timecards, and other supervisory duties to fill in for the supervisor as needed.
* Department has five employees.
* Assists in keeping kitchen area and equipment safe & sanitary.
Position Advertising Closes October 15th
Providing opportunities for older adults to live to their full potential