This position requires working in the parks department and performing a variety of tasks that are essential to the maintenance and delivery of parks services to the public.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be able to operate all park department equipment when performing park maintenance duties.
- Proper applications of herbicides, pesticides, fertilizer, and other chemicals related to park maintenance.
- Prepare park areas for establishment of grass.
- Flood and maintain outdoor skating rinks and perform winter maintenance duties.
- Build and daily maintain outdoor skating rinks. Maintenance includes flooding, brooming, snow removal, sidewalk and parking lot maintenance.
- Clean and maintain all sidewalks and parking lot areas after any snow accumulation of one or more inches.
- Prepares parks, equipment, and facilities for spring/summer flooding.
- Park, building, and facility repairs and maintenance.
- Examples would be working with door locks, plumbing, painting and other related repairs.
- Examples would include emptying trash containers in parks and facilities, mopping floors and other related items.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred but not required.
- Two years of experience working in a turf-related occupation or completion of a two-year technical program in Park Maintenance is preferred but not required. Willing to train.
- Possess or be able to acquire a North Dakota Restrictive Chemical Certificate.
- Possess a valid driver's license and be insurable by the Grand Forks Park District insurance carrier.
This position requires work to be performed throughout the Grand Forks Park District's parks and facilities. The majority of this work will be performed outdoors, and the worker may be exposed to cold temperatures. Must be able to lift 50 pounds vertically three feet from a ground position.
We offer an excellent benefits package that include health and dental insurance, pension, golf and gym memberships and much more!
Deadline to apply: January 21, 2022.