Housing CounselorGECAC Admin
Erie, PA Full-time
Posted on September 19, 2019
A full-time position is available to conduct the intake of clients requesting housing and utility assistance, to assess and evaluate client needs for eligibility for services.
- Experienced in the development of case plans designed to meet client needs and verifying supporting documentation for determining eligibility.
- Experience working with diverse populations, families, and individuals of the homeless or near homelessness population.
- Knowledge of various community services and resources to make appropriate referrals to additional support services, as needed.
- Experience with individual and group workshops is a plus in areas of budgeting and credit, along with knowledge of the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) counseling programs.
- Bachelor's Degree or four (4) years related work experience is required.
- Knowledge of community resources along with good verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office & Access database, as well as experience working with diverse populations, inclusive of homeless or near homelessness families/individuals.
- Must meet Immigration Law requirements. $14.32/hour. - $16.03/hour based on experience.
- Current Act 33, 34 and Act 114 issued within the previous five (5) years are required prior to hire and must be updated every 60 months to maintain employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer.