School Aide - Position Purpose
This is a routine aide position in which the incumbent assists in the variety of tasks involved in the execution of the day-to-day operations of a school building. This class differs from teacher aide in that the focus of this class is on simple clerical and monitoring tasks, rather than assisting teachers with classroom related activities such as grading papers, proctoring exams, securing resource materials and assisting students with assignments. The employee reports directly to, and works under the direct supervision of, a professional staff member. Does related work as required.
School Aide - Essential Job Functions
- Acts as a monitor in study halls, corridors, libraries, lavatories, resource centers and cafeterias;
- Performs a variety of routine clerical tasks such as making copies, running dittos, distributing mail;
- Assists in libraries, filing materials, checking and shelving books;
- Prepares bulletin boards;
- Monitors computer lab or room and/or equipment;
- Proctors examsinations.
School Aide - Additional Duties:
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
School Aide - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Working knowledge of the school organization; ability to follow simple oral and written instructions; ability to give instructions; ability to work well with students and school personnel; ability to maintain simple records; patience; dependability; good judgment; tact; physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
School Aide - Qualifications Profile
There are no education or experience qualifications for this position.
Both - Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard office and school building environments.
- Ability to work outdoors during outdoor student activities.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Functions for this position.
Both - Equipment
Use standard office equipment, such as personal computers and copiers.
Both - Travel Requirements
Travel between schools, or between schools and central offices, may be required for certain positions.