Security Officers & Communications Assistant-Campus Police & SecurityGaston College
General Dallas, NC
* Security Officers (Part Time-Variable Hours)
Maintain security and safety on College campuses; assist personnel, students, and visitors as needed.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Direct traffic during peak periods and special events; write traffic tickets for parking violations.
- Assist in medical emergencies such as fire evacuation, tornado warning, bomb threat, and exercise drills.
- Participate in security of College- and community-held activities such as graduations, dances, parties, plays, etc.
- Participate in surveillance of suspected illegal or unauthorized activities.
- Provide escort service and other public service functions for students, visitors, faculty, and staff.
- Lock and unlock buildings, classrooms, and offices on campus as required.
- Perform walking tours and ensure that required doors and windows are locked.
- Use two-way radio and cellular phone; on-call entire tour of duty.
- Perform other related duties incidental to work described herein.
* Communications Assistant Campus Police & Security (Part Time-Up to 28 Hours/Week)
Serve as communications assistant for the Campus Police and Security Department. Receive and process incoming calls through the College's switchboard while maintaining excellent customer service at all times. Evaluate and process calls from the College community for emergency services. Dispatch Campus Police and other College departments as needed.
Employment Opportunities AA/EEO Employer Text GS01934 to 56654