Radio Broadcast Engineer - WSGE Radio Station, Part-Time
General Dallas, NC
Radio/Broadcast Engineer WSGE Radio Station, Part-Time
Maintain the regular and efficient “on-air” broadcast and operation of WSGE 91.7 FM Radio. Participate in and contribute to a preventive maintenance program and schedule to provide services to maintain an efficient and reliable technical infrastructure. Maintain the integrity of all on-air and online products, including FM transmissions, digital audio, and audio streaming.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to planning and development of all aspects of technical facilities including studios, audio backhaul, tower transmissions, computers, and data networks.
- Test and troubleshoot equipment and software and recommend appropriate solutions including vendor repairs and updates, in-house repairs and updates, and/or equipment/software upgrades or replacement.
- install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair broadcast radio station equipment, including transmitters, antennas, satellite downlinks, automation system, studio equipment, remote equipment, and related other equipment.
- Participate, respond to, and manage 24x7 responses to emergency needs to prevent “off-air” downtime. Responses could include remote sessions via computer/phone or onsite visits.
- Provide training when requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Employment Opportunities AA/EEO Employer