HR Coordinator -Talent Acquisition
General Dallas, NC
HR Coordinator - Talent Acquisition
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates and administers the talent acquisition processes for the College and serves as the primary administrator of the Applicant Tracking System (Insight).
- Collaborates with others to administer personnel requests, prepare notices of positions available, position descriptions, advertisements in various publications, disseminates position available information to Gaston College personnel, Community College Personnel Officers, and the Gaston College website, and provides education and training for end-users of the Insight System.
- Coordinates the search committee process including the initial review of applications, distributing search-related information, scheduling interviews, preparing search-related documents, and coordinating internal testing, as required.
- Conducts references as requested, obtains pre-employment background checks, and schedules medical testing, drug testing, etc. for new hires, as required.
- Obtains appropriate approvals before making job offers to successful candidates. Makes job offers and answers pre-employment questions concerning compensation and benefits.
- Schedules appointments with various personnel as part of the new hire orientation, and ensures all new hires are properly transferred to the Online Orientation System (Onboard).
- Files all hiring and selection materials appropriately.
- Develops and maintains job descriptions as needed including the essential functions of each position.
- Collaborates with the Coordinator-Environmental, Health, and Safety to develop and maintain physical demand requirements and job safety analysis for all positions and documents the appropriate information on position descriptions.
- Evaluates grade levels of positions per the College’s salary plan.
- Coordinates the temporary staffing program in accordance with the College’s procedures.
- Coordinates and reports hiring and selection metrics.
- Coordinates and administers various human resource functions, programs, and services for the College.
- Prepares and maintains employee-related directories such as the Employee Directory and the Telephone “Quick-find” listing. Maintains and updates the Faculty & Staff Directory of the academic catalog and the Gaston College website.
- Answers general HR questions on subjects such as employment, benefits, and policy and procedure.
- Reviews policies on a regular basis and recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures for continuous improvement.
- Serves as the primary administrator for the advanced degree program including informing employees, distributing and collecting forms, and preparing information for the fiscal year budget.
- Prepares various HR-related reports, including hiring and selection search updates and ensures that reports are accurate. Collaborates with others to review and evaluate a variety of reports.
- As applicable, assists with special projects and activities.
- Serves as a backup to conduct full- and part-time employee new hire orientation/on-boarding through the Onboard System and/or in-person, as needed. Ensures new hire paperwork is completed timely and accurately. Conducts exit interviews, as requested.
- Serves as backup for the administration of purchase requisitions and the E-Procurement system.
- Serves as a backup for workers’ compensation administration including employee engagement, completing and submitting hardcopy and/or online claim forms, and ongoing documentation and case management.
- Maintains a high standard of professional and ethical practice in representing the College. Maintains confidentiality of human resources information and employee records. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the field or discipline with continued adherence to professional accountability. Provides a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships. Accepts responsibility for managing situations and problems. Works cooperatively with team members and colleagues and contributes positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives. Adheres to the College’s policies, procedures, and other established guidelines. Keeps supervisor informed of concerns relating to position. Serves on various College committees as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate's degree from an accredited college required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- At least one year of professional work experience required; experience with higher education and/or human resources preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong organization skills and the demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Generally works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending required, and the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds required.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- In addition to regular office hours, position sometimes requires overtime and/or evening hours.