Director of the Small Business CenterGaston College
Dallas, NC Full-time
Posted on October 27, 2019
Director Small Business Center
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide confidential counseling to clients who need detailed assistance in starting a new business or expanding an existing business.
- Establish and maintain effective public relations and an active network of contacts throughout the state; leverage this network to provide referrals to clients for specialized expertise and information.
- Maintain effective partnerships within the network of small business centers in the state and with local, state, federal, and educational agencies and other service providers.
- Maintain close contact with the small business community, professional organizations, and trade associations.
- Identify small business community needs and initiate plans and/or activities to meet those needs.
- Work with active small business advisory groups.
- Monitor small business trends and take initiative in starting new activities to keep the center current.
- Plan, schedule, and evaluate seminars and workshops to assure quality training is provided which builds skills of entrepreneurs and small business owners.
- Identify qualified persons to serve on SBC advisory board; meet with advisory committee, and follow up on recommendations; maintain meeting minutes
- Recruit, interview and hire/contract trainers and instructors for teaching and seminar presentations.
- May teach seminars or workshops; must demonstrate a high degree of skill in teaching.
- Evaluate activities to maintain a high level of quality and up-to-date information.
- Maintain an up-to-date resource and information bank/center.
- Submit accurate records and reports on small business center accomplishments.
- Develop and implement strategies to achieve Small Business Center goals. Evaluate the Small Business Center and provide leadership and vision.
- Prepare and control the Small Business Center operational budget.
- Maintain a high standard of professionalism in representing the College including confidentiality in all aspects of the position's responsibilities and adherence to policies, procedures, and other established guidelines. Adhere to professional accountability and accept responsibility for managing situations and problems.
- Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives and provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work herein described.