Director of the Small Business Center & Human Resources CoordinatorGaston College
- Director Small Business Center
- Human Resources Coordinator - Professional Development
Open until filled - Review of applications will begin 12/2/19
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, coordinates and administers various human resource functions, programs, and services as part of the HR team and serves as the primary coordinator and administrator of the professional development (PD) programs and activities for the College.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates and administers professional development (PD) programs and activities for the College and is the primary administrator of the Learning Management System (Learn).
- Collaborates with others to determine knowledge, hard/soft skills, and abilities needed for a position, or group and assists with updating position descriptions to properly reflect those needs.
- Performs Professional Development/Training Needs Analysis to determine the correct and most beneficial, cost-effective professional development/training for a person or group.
- Evaluates performance measures, knowledge and/or skill level(s) to determine gaps and coordinates professional development to close those gaps.
- Develops an annual professional development plan (i.e., online and classroom courses or workshops) and optimizes resources to effectively implement that plan.
- Coordinates regular, standardized professional development course surveys and analyzes data for continuous improvement.
- Develops and/or coordinates relevant professional development programs, courses, and/or workshops based on need, including collaborating with the Director-Human Resources and subject matter experts to develop and/or coordinate supervisory/leadership development programs, courses, and/or workshops.
- In collaboration with the Director-Human Resources and the HR Coordinator-Environmental, Health and Safety, develops and/or coordinates the timely completion of Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) compliance training.
- Coordinates and promotes professional development events, and manages all details associated with the events such as location/room reservation, venue set-up, computer/technology needs, hospitality, and location/room re-set.
- Coordinates Professional Development Day(s) for the College by serving as the chair of the Professional Development Day Committee, planning the agenda, scheduling breakout sessions and presenters, reserving locations, organizing meals, etc.
- Serves as the College's coordinator/liaison for the Annual Teaching and Learning Conference in collaboration with the representatives from Gaston County Schools.
- Maintains accurate and organized records for professional development.
Employment Opportunities AA/EEO Employer Text GS03163 to 56654