Campus Police, Security Officers and Communications AssistantsGaston College
- Campus Police Officer, Security Officers (Part Time-Variable Hours)
- Communications Assistants - Campus Police & Security (Part Time-Up to 28 Hours/week.)
Serve as communications assistant for the Campus Police and Security Department. Receive and process incoming calls through the College's switchboard while maintaining excellent customer service at all times. Evaluate and process calls from the College community for emergency services. Dispatch Campus Police and other College departments as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate with Campus Police, Security, and other College personnel by use of the police/security radio system. Interact with other agencies and departments as required. Receive, evaluate, and process calls from the College community for emergency services and for events as necessary.
- Perform responsible, professional administrative work relating to the College's emergency communications systems, including the Emergency Notification System (LYNX), camera surveillance system, and the public address system.
- Receive and process incoming calls through the College's main switchboard while providing excellent customer service. In collaboration with Technology Services, update and maintain appropriate College greetings as part of the main switchboard function. Become familiar with the College's academic calendar and proactively stay abreast of various College-related events, course offerings, etc. to assist, answer inquiries from, and guide students, faculty, staff, and the public.
- Perform responsible, professional administrative work relating to the Campus Police Division Criminal Information Network (DCI). Must be DCI certifiable and meet all requirements within 90 days of employment.
- Perform responsible, professional administrative work relating to the College's faculty, staff, and student identification system.
- Use knowledge of various office machines, software, Internet, and electronic mail to assist Campus Police as assigned.
- Assist in the dissemination of information.
- Greet, screen, and direct visitors to proper office or person; provide basic information to visitors and/or callers concerning Campus Police activities and College programs.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work herein described.
Employment Opportunities AA/EEO Employer Text GS03158 to 56654