Administrative Assistant/Welcome Desk Receptionist
Administrative Assistant/ Welcome Desk Receptionist Lincoln Campus Full-Time, Regular
Provide diverse administrative support to the Dean of Lincoln and Kimbrell Campuses, which encompasses performing multiple duties, tasks, and responsibilities and support to faculty, staff, students, and the organization with a focus on customer service. Must be detail-oriented, have great organizational skills, work well under pressure, and provide excellent customer service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to telephone, email, and in-person inquiries with a strong customer service focus. Regularly handle sensitive and confidential information with judgment and tact. Maintain a high standard of professionalism in representing the College including confidentiality in all aspects of the position’s responsibilities and adherence to policies, procedures, and other established guidelines. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of the campus and College objectives.
- Provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships, and regularly communicate and interact with internal and external customers, clients, vendors, and various organizations or entities. Perform other duties as assigned, including special projects.
- Maintain files and records.
- Process incoming/outgoing mail.
- Assist in preparation and maintenance of budgets; coordinate the equipment and supplies requisitions and the E-Procurement process.
- Collect, submit, and track travel, leave, and reimbursement requests for the campus.
- Coordinate and maintain room reservation schedules for the Lincoln campus.
- Prepare work order/help desk requests related to building maintenance and technology needs.
- Maintain office in absence of supervisor.
- Coordinate schedules of course offerings; collect and submit related course requests for the Lincoln campus to appropriate academic areas.
- Attend classes and/or workshops to keep current on changes related to position.
- Behave in a professional manner that promotes collaboration, collegiality, and outstanding customer service for both internal and external clients.
- Provide information to students, faculty, and staff through personal contact, telephone, e-mail, or mail.
- Greet and assist students in person or by telephone by routing to the appropriate department, taking messages, answering questions, and finding solutions to student concerns.
- Keep Welcome Desk fully stocked with necessary handouts, brochures, maps, calendars, etc. Request FACTS brochures and Tuition and Fees brochures from the Business Office as needed.
- Evening and weekend work hours will vary depending on College needs, registration, and special events.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Relevant associate's degree from a regionally accredited college required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of three years’ administrative experience in a business or educational setting with extensive public contact and accurate record keeping preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong organization skills and the demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment required.
- Working knowledge of operating standard office equipment and related tools and technology required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required.
- Generally works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending required, and the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- In addition to regular office hours, position sometimes requires overtime, weekend, and/or evening hours.