Administrative Assistant-Executive Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Review of applications will begin 8/10/22
Provide high-level administrative support to the President’s Office and to the Executive Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs by performing a variety of administrative/clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, scheduling meetings, and directing phone calls related to matters of a sensitive nature, conducting research, preparing reports, handling information requests, assisting with academic and classroom scheduling, overseeing the College Catalog development process, synthesizing information to be used by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), and administering course evaluations. Position requires considerable judgment, confidentiality, and independent action.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist/support the Executive Administrative Assistant (President and Board of Trustees).
- Assist the Executive Administrative Assistant (President and Board of Trustees) with activities related to special events.
- Field and direct general inquiries and complaints to the President’s Office from stakeholders.
- Oversee the College Catalog development process and update relevant portions of the Catalog.
- Assist with academic and classroom scheduling per course offerings using available software and systems (e.g., Ellucian Colleague, 25 Live, etc.).
- Assist Institutional Effectiveness by synthesizing information for SACSCOC compliance reporting using available software and systems.
- Assist Institutional Effectiveness by administering Course Evaluations.
- Maintain a high standard of professionalism and confidentiality due to the vicinity of the President’s Office. Adhere to policies, procedures, and other established guidelines. Adhere to professional accountability and accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives and provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships.
- Serve as recording secretary for the Executive Council. Create, coordinate, and maintain records of Executive Council meetings, prepares information for the meetings, including agenda, scheduling, document management, compiling and transcribing meeting minutes.
- Assist with activities related to special projects and assignments including research, compiling data, preparing reports, and assistance with preparing information for presentations and related responsibilities.
- Make travel accommodations and related arrangements as needed and prepare and process all related forms for reimbursements, etc.
- Maintain inventory of office equipment and supplies, arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment as needed, and generate purchase orders using the E-Procurement System.
- Remain current and proficient with office technology and software.
- Perform a variety of administrative duties including processing, reviewing, sorting, and distributing incoming mail, correspondence, faxes, and email. Other administrative duties include copying, faxing, mailing, filing, answering and processing telephone calls and voicemails, preparing and/or composing memorandums, letters, and forms, maintaining manual and electronic calendars, scheduling and planning meetings, and preparing meeting agendas and recording and transcribing meeting minutes.
- Develop, organize, maintain, file, and retrieve hard copy and electronic records and systems.
- Plan and coordinate special events as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate's degree, or higher, from a nationally accredited college required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least three years’ administrative experience required.
- Notary Public certification/appointment required (or to be obtained within six months after hire).
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, including knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, meaning and spelling of words, proofreading, rules of composition, and grammar required.
- Excellent writing, analytical, and problem-solving skills with a high-degree of detail orientation.
- Strong organization skills and the demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment required.
- Working knowledge of operating standard office equipment and related tools and technology.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Electronic Calendaring) required.
- Demonstrated administrative competencies through internal testing required.