Senior Product Manager
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER
Reports to: Director of Product Management
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Senior Product Manager that will be responsible for delivering products that meet both customer and strategic focus as well as the needs of the business. The Product Manager is the subject matter expert for the market (both users and buyers) and must be extremely skilled at translating that knowledge into product design. will be responsible for assisting customers and salesmen with all facets of their projects.
CORE & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Work closely with company Executives to achieve long-term and short-term objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans
• Drive innovation and the strategic direction of products and the portfolio in collaboration with Company leadership
• Gather competitive intelligence and perform competitive analysis
• Encourage customer-focused innovation, and execute market and customer research to gather insights and understand user needs
• Monitor product adoption and collect customer feedback
• Partner with ImageWorks for relevant activities and deliverables, including competitive positioning, market requirements, messaging and marketing plan
• Provide consultation or expert advice to management, sales force, contractors and architects concerning the products, approvals, competitive information and roofing techniques
• Assist the sales force in trouble-shooting or problem-solving. This may include visiting job sites for a visual inspection to make a proper assessment for a solution
• Monitor and report on the performance of individual products and the portfolio
• Analyze project team efficiency, manage staff members, and proactively manage changes in company priorities, identify issues and mitigate risks
• Oversee expansion of all product development programs
• Manage the planning of timelines, scope, and resources to execute product roadmaps
• Establish deadlines for all departments during the various stages of product development
• Perform competitor and market research making sure our product line outshines competitor's products
• Develop and implement new programs as needed
• Must be self-sufficient and capable of making senior-level decisions without guidance of other executives
• Exemplify best-in-class Product Management practices and help to establish a strong discipline, taking into consideration existing structure and competencies
•All other duties as assigned
Experience in commercial construction; preferably in roofing and/or cladding, is preferred. Possession of at least a high school diploma is required and a post-secondary degree in engineering, building and construction or architectural degree is preferred. Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers. Excellent communication and organizational skills. Display a working knowledge of AutoCad. The ability to learn new concepts/procedures quickly.
Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications. Working Knowledge of ERP Systems and their use.
Ability to communicate orally in a clear, concise and effective manner with the customers, account representatives, company representatives, management, staff, and the public in face-to-face, one-on-one and group settings. Ability to use a telephone for communication. Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance at the facility. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Use office equipment such as a personal computer, copier and facsimile machines. Ability to communicate in writing in a clear, concise and effective manner. Sit or stand for extended time periods. Hearing and vision required to be within normal ranges. Read at, above, and below shoulder height. Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch. Sufficient manual dexterity required to operate equipment. Tolerate inclement weather, including heat and cold. Normal range of tolerance to household and other types of typical industrial/ construction chemicals and solvents.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
The Garland Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, disability, or status as a disabled, recently separated, other protected, and Armed Forces service medal veteran (collectively, "protected veteran") or any other characteristic protected by law.