The right candidate will ensure the facility's equipment and utilities are maintained in good working order and facility grounds are adequately supported by facility policies and state and federal regulations.
Essential Functions of the job:
• Schedules repair and maintenance of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure efficient operations.
• Directs and participates in maintenance activities on utility systems to provide a continuous supply of heat, steam, electric power, gas, or air required for operations.
• Develops preventive maintenance programs.
• Recommends measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
• Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies required for operations.
• Reviews new product plans and discusses equipment needs and modifications with design engineers
• Directs the effort to have attractive and well-maintained grounds.
• Participates in facility "Performance Improvement Program."
• Leads and maintains minutes of the facility's Safety Committee
• Performs other tasks as assigned.
• Conducts job responsibilities by the standards set out in the Company's Code of Business Conduct, its policies and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
• Knowledge of building codes and rules and regulations regarding plant equipment operation.
• Knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems.
• Knowledge of OSHA and other safety requirements.
• Skilled in directing and motivating the workforce.
• Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members and at all levels of the organization.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must have the ability to read and write in English and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
• Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents and their families and work cooperatively with other employees.
• Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
• Related experience at a level necessary to accomplish the functions of this position, including skills in electronics, carpentry, masonry, etc.
• Must meet all federal, state, and local health regulations, including a criminal background investigation and reference inquiries.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of this job, with or without accommodation.
• Must be able to be on 24-hour call.
• Must be able to respond to emergencies, via telephone or in-person, depending on the nature of the situation.
Job Type: Full-time
• Dental insurance
• Flexible schedule
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• 8 hour shift
• Monday to Friday
• On call
• Weekend availability
• Facilities Maintenance Managers: 1 year (Preferred)
• Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
• Driver's License (Preferred)
• Boilers License (or willing to obtain)
• CPO (or willing to obtain)