Budget Analyst #QC2019Friendwel Management USA LLC
Budget Analyst Edison, NJ.
Education and Experience Requirements:
MBA/MS in any field related to Finance/Accounting. At least 1-year experience in the job offer or any occupation related to budget, forecast and financial analysis.
- Examine budget estimates for accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
- Assist the Procurement Committee to summarize budgets and submit recommendations for the approval or disapproval of funds requests.
- Support each group leader with specific analysis examining financial contribution of various company-wide projects through capital budgeting and fixed asset monitoring.
- Examine current capital project progress in conjuncture with consolidated financial statements to assist in property cashflow management.
- Analyze monthly department budgeting and accounting reports to maintain expenditure controls and build financial projections for 1) current year, 2) five-year forecast, and 3) other ad hoc programs and specific scenarios.
- Monitor corporate cost against budgets and reforecasts highlighting areas of overspend and assist the various properties/business groups in the costs tracking and variance explanations.
- Confer with management to ensure that budget adjustments are made in accordance with project changes and proactively identify opportunities/risks to ensure they are properly reflected in budget documentation.
- Perform cost/benefit analyses for major capital improvement projects such as hotel product improvement plans, property development/expansions, fixed asset renovation, etc.
- Contribute to the implementation of business and system projects as identified by the management to improve financial control, as well as ad-hoc projects defined by the management.
Specific skills and other requirements:
- Must have knowledge of
● Financial Modeling and Corporate Valuation
● Risk Management
● Capital Budgeting
● MS Excel (Pivot Tables, Dashboards, and VBA macros) and other MS Suite Applications. Written tests will be given.
- Must have taken at least 3 credits of course work each: International Business, Corporate Finance, and Managerial Accounting.
- Prior experience must include:
● Progressive financial experience in multinational company setting.
● Ability to lead and interact with problem-solving using financial analytical skills.