Lumberyard DriverFort-Worth, Texas Area Jobs
Fort Worth, TX Full-time
Posted on October 2, 2019
Lumberyard Driver - CDL Required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must pass pre-employment drug test and physical.
- Drives company vehicle to deliver lumber, building materials, hardware to customer's home, construction site or place of business.
- Loads vehicle safely and accurately.
- Maintains the cleanliness and appearance of the inside and outside of delivery vehicles.
- Performs routine safety check on vehicles according to company guidelines.
- Collects payment from customers.
- Verifies order details and obtains customer signature on store copy of delivery ticket.
- Follows directions or uses a map to locate delivery addresses or locations efficiently.
- Records all delivery information and signatures as needed for accurate tracking.
- Treats all customers with courtesy and respect. Acts as a customer service liaison between the site customer and store personnel, including listening to and assisting in resolving customer complaints.
- Informs management of any customer complaints or requests in a timely manner.
- Collects or picks up rejected merchandise from delivery sites as directed.
- Assists in yard and warehouse with stocking, loading and organizing materials.
- Assist customers in the yard with loading material and product questions when not driving a delivery truck.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 80 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Must be physically fit, and have the physical strength, agility and endurance to perform physical work throughout the workday.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; push/pull; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
- Ability to work in outdoor environment with changing weather conditions. Will be getting in and out of truck to load and unload material. We deliver year-round.