Diesel Technician/MechanicFood Services of America
Food Services of America
Diesel Technician/Mechanic position is open.
We are currently searching for a Diesel Technician/Garage Mechanic to join our expanding team. The shift for this position will primarily be a graveyard shift; but, could change due to business needs. As a fast-growing foodservice distributor, Food Services of America treats our customers as the boss and our Associates as our most important resource. Our growth provides Associates opportunities to drive their career. Apply Now and Join Our Team!
The typical hours for this position are from 9:00pm - 5:30am.
Performs routine preventative maintenance and repair for trucks, trailers, refrigeration units & dollies.
- Welding, cutting and basic fabrication.
- Electronic troubleshooting utilizing manufacturer computer applications.
- Work both inside the shop and outdoors.
- Document troubleshooting and repair activities.
- Communicate and coordinate tasks with Shop lead mechanic.
- HS Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Experience in trouble shooting and repairs of Power systems, Electrical, Brake, Suspension, Air systems, Drive trains, Clutches, Steering Assemblies, refrigeration systems and all other truck/trailer related components.
- 1 year of progressive experience as an equipment mechanic, including maintenance of diesel engines, hydraulic systems & mobile refrigeration systems preferred.
- Certified drivers license (CDL) preferred.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team.
- History of organizing and prioritizing work-flow.
- Possess effective written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in fast-paced repair shop environment where multi-tasking is required.
- Knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety regulations.
- Must pass all pre-employment screenings.
- Self starter with desire to succeed.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through on assigned responsibilities.
- Provide own tools.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/ Disability Status