Chemist – Full Time
Offering a sign-on bonus
Work hours are First shift with limited overtime
- Quality control of incoming materials
- Product development through research and testing
- Formulation of customer products, and assisting other departments to improve their processes
- The Chemist may also be called upon to assist our sales team with troubleshooting and product recommendations.
- BS degree in Chemistry or similar subject
- Previous experience in an industrial laboratory setting
- Mechanical ability preferred, but not required
- Ability to Communicate Effectively
- Paid vacation & Holidays
- Skill development
- Tuition/ Training reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- Wellness programs
- Employee engagement activities
- Community initiatives
ABOUT GARDNER ABRASIVES Founded in 1905, Fives Landis Corp. - Gardner Abrasives is a progressive abrasive wheel manufacturer located in South Beloit, IL. As a global manufacturing partner for key industries such as Automotive, Bearing, and Heavy Equipment, the Gardner Abrasives division remains a pioneer in innovation for custom-engineered abrasive & superabrasive grinding solutions.
ABOUT FIVES Fives, an industrial engineering Group with more than 200 years of history, designs and supplies machines, process equipment and production lines for the world’s largest industrial groups including the aluminum, steel, glass, automotive, aerospace, logistics, cement and energy sectors. Headquartered in Paris (France), Fives has a network of over 100 operational units in nearly 30 countries worldwide, including 17 locations in the US. Fives sustainably leads the future of manufacturing demonstrating each day that Industry Can Do It.
Equal Opportunity Employer