High School Secretary-BookkeeperFerguson Florissant School District
High School Secretary-Bookkeeper
This position is responsible for full cycle bookkeeping for the high school (excluding payroll). Requires a high level of detail and concentration to ensure accounting is accurate and internal controls are followed.
- Control the Cash
- Reconciliations of the pcard
- Purchasing review
- Account balance review
- The ability to do detailed work accurately and efficiently.
- A thorough knowledge of office procedures.
- Above average skills in bookkeeping and other recordkeeping.
- Skilled in use of the computer.
- Discretion in handling confidential information.
- The ability to work without supervision.
- A high school diploma or its equivalent
- Keep budgetary accounting records for the high school as required by the District and other funding sources.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of deposits and expenditures, providing monthly reports to administrators and department chairs.
- Follow proper purchasing procedures to process purchase orders for materials or services rendered.
- Follow proper procedures for placing orders using the pcard. Reconcile pcard purchases monthly and submit through proper approval process.
- Process orders requested for office supplies and materials for classrooms and offices.
- Place orders for classroom materials and supplies through Ed Plus for all programs in your building.
- Compute, type and send all invoices for payment to companies, school districts, or persons who purchase and dissemination materials.
- Maintain petty cash account for School/Department.
- Maintain files.
- Accept monies collected by departments follow proper internal controls and deposit procedures to prepare deposits
- Collect funds through online pay pams money collection software and reconcile and distributes funds to proper school accounts.
- Assist parents and students in resolving student account issues.
- Reconcile monthly expenditures and receipts; initiate journal entries to correct misappropriated funds.
- Comply with applicable District, state, local and federal laws, policies and procedures.
- Liaison with finance office and school. Will attend required training and meetings with Finance staff to keep up to date with internal controls and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / CONDITIONS:
Office Setting in school, General
$28,523 - $35,614 / Annual