Liability Claims Representative
As a liability claims representative, you deliver on our promise to resolve claims. You are a source of knowledge and comfort during difficult times. Whether faced with the destructive aftermath of a natural disaster or the responsibility to provide income to injured employees, you help clients through the claims process. You also support them as they rebuild their businesses and resume their lives. Federated provides a defined training program to teach you the fundamentals of commercial claims and prepare you to serve clients.
- Work with clients, physicians, attorneys, contractors and others to ensure claims are resolved in a prompt, fair and courteous way.
- Explain policy coverage to clients and third parties.
- Gather evidence and document facts relating to claims.
- Determine the value of damaged items.
- Negotiate settlements with clients or third parties.
- Resolve claims, which may include paying, setline, or denying claims, defending policyholders in court, compromising, or recovering outstanding dollars.
- A four-year degree in a business-related field or equivalent business-related experience
- Prefer two years customer service experience
- Strong analytical, computer and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship now or in the future
At Federated Insurance, we do life-changing work, focused on our clients’ success. For our employees, we provide tremendous opportunities for growth. Over 95% of them believe our company has an outstanding future. We make lives better, and we’re looking for employees who want to make a difference in others’ lives, all while enhancing their own.
You will have opportunities to grow in your career. Our employees are encouraged to ask questions and learn on the job, and we are committed to promoting from within. We recognize your contributions with an exceptional rewards package that includes competitive pay and bonus programs, incredibly affordable health insurance, generous pension and 401(k) benefits, and gift matching and paid volunteer time to support your involvement in the community. Learn more about our Benefits.