Medical Billing SpecialistFAMILY PRACTICE ASSOCIATES
Medical Billing Specialist
Family Practice Associates is looking for an experienced Medical Billing Specialist with a minimum of two years of billing experience or appropriate training/certification, preferably in the family practice or internal medicine setting.
- Experience in posting payments and in working claim rejections and denials from Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial payers;
- Experience working with Workers’ Compensation claims;
- Knowledge of payer rules and regulations;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to answer billing questions posed by patients, staff and providers;
- Strong ability to appropriately and effectively prioritize obligations and duties, while working efficiently. Must be able to learn quickly and retain information; must be able to recognize work activities that add value and minimize those that do not;
- Ability to work both independently and within a team;
- Comfortable with the computer technology, including electronic health record and payment management, and Excel.
- Additional training or work in ICD-10 Coding;
- Billing experience specific to family practice or internal medicine;
- Experience working with Nebraska payers, including Medicaid;
- Experience with Allscripts EHR and Practice Management System.
Work Activities will include:
- Reading and interpreting insurance explanation-of-benefits to accurately be able to determine issues and steps needed to make corrections;
- Submitting corrected claims and reconsiderations in response to denials, rejections, adjustments, and inaccurate reimbursement made by insurance companies;
- Following up in a timely matter on all claim issues to assure a reduction in errors and revenue lost caused by missing timely filing deadlines;
- Running and utilizing monthly Unpaid Claims reports to follow up on outstanding insurance claims;
- Working with coders to provide feedback on denial trends;
- Making necessary arrangements for submission of documentation requested by insurance companies;
- Assisting other staff in the Billing Department, including, but not limited to: posting payments, answering phones, entering medical records data, changing patient demographic or insurance information, or other duties based upon volume demands.
Compensation and Benefits:
Family Practice Associates is an independent clinic with eight physicians, five mid-level providers, a psychologist and four residents. We offer a wonderful work environment, and competitive compensation and benefits, including: paid vacation and sick leave, retirement match, and health insurance.