Evans Taylor Foster Childress (ETFC) Architects is searching for a full or part-time Interior Designer to contribute
to its highly innovative and diverse team of professionals in their Memphis office.
Evans Taylor Foster Childress Architects, a 111-year established downtown Memphis Architectural/Interior
Design/Planning firm, has an immediate full or part-time opening and long-term career opportunity for an Interior Designer with experience in Health Care, Educational, Corporate and Commercial projects of varied types and sizes.
The ideal candidate possesses strong organizational, communication and time management skills and has several years of design and production experience including design/construction drawings and specifications.
The position requires a cooperative individual who will work well in a collaborative team setting.
They must also be self-motivated and take ownership of tasks and responsibilities.
Please submit resume by clicking APPLY
• Programming and Preparation of Schematic Design, Design Development and Construction Documents
• Understanding of local building codes, building technology and accessibility guidelines
• Organization of project documentation per firm’s standard procedures & practices
• Proactive and creative approach to problems and alternative solutions
• Active participation in quality control and maintaining conformance with firm standards for all documentation
• Team oriented and collaborative approach to the design process
• Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interior Design/Architecture. NCIDQ certified preferred but not mandatory
• Minimum 3 years of experience
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop, SketchUp, Lumion, InDesign and Bluebeam
• Basic knowledge of building codes
• Positive attitude with a strong work ethic
• Exceptional verbal, written and presentation communication skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Detail oriented and flexible while multitasking
• Experience with client interaction and ability to lead a team
• Experience coordinating engineers and other specialty consultants
• Strong knowledge of construction materials and processes
• Ability to interpret architectural and engineering drawings
• Health Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Salary is commensurate with experience.