Emporia State University
TRIO Talent Search
Emporia State University is seeking an Educational Specialist for the TRIO Talent Search program serving Leavenworth, KS. This position is located at Leavenworth High School. This position is a full-time, 12-month, limited term benefits-eligible position (dependent on continuation of grant funding).
- Basic duties include recruitment and retention of students;
- Developing and implementing age-appropriate workshops, activities, and other programming to assist middle-school and high school students in their preparation for college; and outreach activities with administrators and teachers in the middle and high schools.
Minimum qualifications include a:
- Bachelor’s degree in the social services, education, counseling, or related field;
- Master’s degree preferred (May 2023 graduates are welcome to apply).
- Experience working with middle and high school students in student programming, career advising, and financial aid processes preferred.
- Necessary skills include excellent oral and written communication; strong organizational skills; the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with diverse groups including students, administrators, and external service providers; and a demonstrated ability to approach tasks creatively.
Compensation and benefits:
Salary is commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications.
Please check our Benefits in the link.
For additional information, contact:
Jose Pavon - HR Professional - 620-341-6033
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.