Elon University is seeking a Sourcing Specialist who will analyze, organize, and improve the sourcing process to streamline operations and reduce costs. Review current vendor agreements and cooperative purchasing agreements to identify areas for improved efficiency and opportunities for potential cost savings. Assist University departments with the RFI/RFQ/RFP process. Establish mutually beneficial relationships with key suppliers to ensure competitive pricing. Compare prices for needed goods and services and negotiate with current and potential suppliers to obtain the best value for the University.
Bachelor's Degree required. 2-3 years buyer, sourcing, or purchasing/procurement experience preferably in higher education setting.
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite of productivity applications Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, etc.) required; Ellucian Colleague, Informer Web Reporting desirable
- Experience in sourcing processes and understanding of sourcing methodologies
- Experience in procurement processes and contracting procedures in a higher education institution
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent problem solving skills, computer skills and attention to detail
- Experience in building strategic working relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Familiarity with general accounting principles and practices
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical journals, financial reports and legal documents
- Ability to define needs of requisitioners, decide on the best solution, and negotiate with suppliers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in testing departmental functionality and upgrades in Colleague and other applicable systems
- Assist with developing and providing training for faculty and staff related to procurement processes
- Explore initiatives that would aid the University’s technological advances related to procurement
- Maintenance of accurate information on the departmental web site
Vendor Database Administration:
- Maintain a database of Group Purchasing Organizations (GPO) and associated GPO contracts beneficial to the University
- Possess working knowledge of vendor management processes
- Assist faculty and staff with vendor inquiries and vendor compliance
- Evaluate and respond to customer inquiries in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Maintain high level of customer support for both internal and external customer base
- Research initiatives to further enhance departmental work flow
- Assists with department, division and University wide projects as assigned
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies/organizations
Click apply for full description and to apply today!
Elon University is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff and student body and welcomes all applicants.