Edgeley Community Daycare is seeking a qualified individual to operate a community-based daycare in the city of Edgeley. Desired applicants should have experience in working with children in a daycare setting or of similar operations.
* Minimum of 2 years successful working in a daycare setting and/or owner/operator of a daycare facility
Clearances - Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
Education - High school diploma or equivalent.
Reports to - Edgeley Daycare Committee
Job Goal: The Director of Edgeley Daycare is done for the purpose/s of providing overall leadership, vision, supervision, and assessment of operating a successful community based daycare
Job Duties - The following duties are essential functions to this position:
* Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality about children and staff
* Attend a variety of meetings for the purpose of representing Edgeley daycare for continual support/improvement
* Maintain positive relationship with staff, children, parents, and community
* Coordinates all activities in the daycare for the purpose of ensuring maximum participation and progressive development
* Directs the maintenance of services and the implementation of processes for the purpose of providing services within established timeframes and in compliance with related requirements
* Facilitates meetings for the purpose of identifying issues, developing recommendations, supporting other staff, and serving as the daycare director representative.
* Manages assigned program responsibilities (e.g. long-range planning, conflict resolution, training services, facilities scheduling, fiscal matters, personnel matters, etc.) for the purpose of achieving organizational objectives, and ensuring compliance with legal, financial requirements, and state requirements.
* Performs personnel administrative functions (e.g. recruitment, hiring, orientating, training, supervising, evaluating, providing professional development opportunities, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining necessary staffing, enhancing productivity of staff, and ensuring necessary outcomes are achieved
* Responds to issues involving staff, community concerns, parental requests that may result in some negative impact and/or liability if not appropriately addressed for the purpose of identifying the relevant issues and recommending or implementing a plan of action that will efficiently resolve the issue
* Reviews and maintains a variety of written materials (e.g. staff handbooks, parent handbooks, etc.) for the purpose of recommending improvement to the daycare setting and/or performance of its employees
* Utilizes a variety of written and electronic media (e.g. newspaper, stories of interest, media outlets, etc.) for the purpose of promoting the positive functions of daycare
* Performs other related duties as assigned by the Parent Group for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the daycare
Terms of Physical Location - Per Our Redeemer's Lutheran Church board of directors.