Permanent Building Substitute Teacher
Eden Prairie Schools is looking for exceptional candidates who would like to become a Permanent Building Substitute Teacher for the 2021-22 school year. You will be working at one building, Monday-Friday, and will follow the school year calendar (you will be off nights, weekends, and breaks when class is not in session). These positions have the potential to transition into a long-term substitute teacher or regular classroom assignment.
You qualify for this position if you:
- Hold a bachelor's degree in any field, Education preferred but not required.
- Hold an active teaching license in the State of MN (you will need a Minnesota teaching license or a Short Call Sub teaching license issued by PELSB - Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board.
- Have experience following a lesson plan (or demonstrated ability to follow a plan).
- Stays positive
- Understands positive classroom management techniques
- Communicates well with students, teachers, administrators
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minnesota Teacher License Licensure in any subject area -or- Short-call Sub Teacher License
- Licensure Information can be found by typing PELSB in your search bar.
- 5 days/week (guaranteed daily work) Monday-Friday 9/27/21 - 5/27/22 (start any time after 9/27/21)
- Follow Teacher Work Calendar Salary:
- Salaried position with placement on BA Step 1 of the teacher's salary schedule - $45,010*
- *NOTE: This salary is based upon a full-time teacher starting 9/27/21. The salary for the Permanent Building Sub Teacher may be prorated depending on the start date of the candidate and the total number of workdays remaining in the school year.
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid Personal Day
- Paid Lunch Breaks
- Experience in a variety of educational settings.
- Professional development opportunities.
Multiple opportunities available at:
- Elementary School - 3 positions available
- Middle School - 1 position available
- High School - 1 position available