Office Assistant 3 #2019009CPEastern Washington University
Office Assistant 3 $2,453 - $3,166 Monthly
Provide comprehensive clerical support to the Admissions department to include customer service, office supply ordering, student record data entry and answering the main office phone line. This position is the first point of contact for the Admissions office and will respond to inquiries using their knowledge of office/department policies and procedures.
Eastern expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning. We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
- High school graduation or equivalent AND two years of full-time clerical experience OR equivalent education/experience;
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, pay attention to detail and produce desired results;
- Ability to communicate in a clear, friendly and effective manner both orally and in writing;
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures;
- Capacity to effectively address diverse constituencies;
Position Specific Requirements:
- Advanced computer skills to include: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with experience working with various calendaring programs, internet browsers and email/instant messenger systems;
- Ability to locate and accurately enter information in a database or information system; proficient user of a laptop computer, projector, and cell phone;
- Strong supervision and scheduling skills, including the ability to act as a resource for the student front desk staff;
- Two years of increasingly responsible office experience; and
- Due to the nature of position, the ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.