Assistant Director-Recruitment, Transfer #2019012EPEastern Washington University
Assistant Director-Recruitment, Transfer
This is a bilingual position. Performs transfer specific recruitment and outreach duties including, but not limited to, the coordination and implementation of admissions advising at regional community colleges; liaison to academic departmental advisors; liaison to the Senior Director of Articulation and Transfer Policy; coordination of transfer visitations to campus; knowledge and appropriate dissemination of University transfer policy and practice; supervision of two transfer positions and two on-campus Admissions Advisors and support of general admission duties and functions. Eastern expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Higher Education Administration; Marketing, Communications or related field;
- Previous work experience in admissions, transfer recruitment or student advising;
- Bilingual Ability: Spanish;
- One year or more of supervisory experience;
- Ability to participate in evening and weekend events and multi-day recruitment trips, which will require a valid Driver’s License and clean driving record;
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures regarding transfer admission and records management;
- Capacity to effectively address diverse constituencies;
- Advanced computer skills to include: Microsoft Office Suite and SCT Banner (or equivalent); proficient user of laptop computer, projector, and cell phone; two years increasingly responsible office experience;
- Position will require extensive sitting and walking; selected candidate must be able to lift and carry up to 25lbs. involving recruiting materials.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.