Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
At Dura-Line, we aspire to create a more connected world, because we believe every company, every community, every person deserves the chance to advance their lives through better access to high-speed broadband. We take pride in our state-of-the-art quality products and being recognized a key partner with all of the major telecommunications companies across the world. In one year, Dura-Line produced over 1.4 billion feet of digital network infrastructure. Dura-Line creates what connects us. Every time you pick up your cell phone, log into the internet, or use your i-anything, it’s because our HDPE pathways protect that delicate string of glass called a fiber optic cable that carries everything from precious pictures of your puppy to the latest sports scores. Your safety, health, family, work, entertainment…your whole life; that’s our connection.
"It is our worldwide Dura-Line policy to manufacture and market our products and operate our facilities while complying with all applicable environmental, health, and safety rules and regulations. The health and safety of our customers, our employees, and the communities in which we operate is paramount in all we do."
Dura-Line is hiring an experienced and passionate Environmental Health & Safety Specialist in our Sparks, NV manufacturing sites to provide support and subject matter expertise to the manufacturing plant and the Plant Leader. This is a critical role, you will bring your demonstrable experience in developing and implementing programs & initiatives to lead a safe culture through employee training and coaching, and ensure we maintain our promise of working in a safe work environment.
We need a change agent who has a drive for safety and wants to create an EHS culture that leads to zero harm to our employees and the environment through proactive, risk-based programs that engage with employees. You must have the ability to work adeptly on transactional requirements and transformational imperatives.
We offer: Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life), Relocation Assistance, 401K with company match, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time-Off & holidays, and more!
Responsibilities and day-to-day activities:
· Lead and manage EHS programs and initiatives- You will have the exciting opportunity to actively participate in the plant’s efforts to engage the entire workforce to build a strong EHS culture that leads to zero harm to our employees and be mindful of the environment by making recommendations for changes, creating preventative processes, and lead site’s safety procedures. Process Safety Management (PSM) certification or background is a huge plus!
· Continuous improvement mindset- We need a data-driven EHS Specialist that will want to drive process improvement ideas & analysis to achieve industry-standard goals, research, and evaluate evolving EHS regulations and local legislation. Must be up to date regarding emerging safety issues and best practices, identify opportunities for collaboration, and assist with the development of policy recommendations. Key parts of the role are industry benchmarking, creating & maintaining documented processes, ensuring compliance in reporting, and communicating changes.
· Passion for safety- We want to ensure safety is #1 on the manufacturing floor and elevate a positive safety culture while complying with Dura-Line safety standards. Your passion and EHS experience (5+ years of hands-on work experience) in an industrial or manufacturing environment will help you proactively identify potential hazards and recommend corrective actions.
· Influence and engage all employees- You will be able to help others see the impact of a safe workplace and want to participate to keep it that way. Change management will be key as you work with cross-functional teams to provide proper mentorship & training to employees and management at the site and ensure everyone (internal & external individuals) follow proper EHS practices. High visibility on the floor is a must! Daily Gemba walks to engage and build the teams’ relationship will be vital to developing a safe culture
· Handle work-related injuries and near misses- We want to make sure everyone that comes to work returns home the same (or better) at the end of the day. For this role, we need firsthand experience on objective accident investigations for all accidents and near-miss occurrences, analyze injury trends and coordinate corrective actions. You will get a chance to also train management on the proper process & help the team.
· Working knowledge of Federal EHS regulations and policies- Bring your skills and technical background of Federal compliance with EHS/OSHA/EPA regulations and standards. You will need to be able to conduct safety audits, job hazard analyzes, risk assessment, ergonomic tests, EHS assessments, corrective action, and be involved in decisions. A Degree in the field or equivalent experience in the EHS or related field is required and Relevant EHS certifications like ASP/CSP is a plus.
This is a rewarding role, and we empower you to bring your skills and knowledge to develop key safety programs and elevate a safe culture amongst cross-functional employees. We enable you to help others care as much about safety as you do. Make a difference, provide a safe environment for co-workers, and keep employees, the company, and the surrounding community secure from safety and environmental hazards.
READY TO JOIN THE DURA-LINE TEAM? Bring your proven industrial safety experience to Dura-Line and make an impact immediately!
Discover how Dura-Line creates what connects us. Every day, in the little ways and the big ones, our lives depend on clear, consistent, and reliable communication. Check out our products, history, and testimonials at www.Dura-Line.com.
Develop… Upgrade… Review… Act… Lead…Inspire…Negotiate…Empower…
Dura-Line is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the federal E-Verify program to verify the work eligibility of all new hires.
Join Our Team: Dura-Line offers all its employees an exciting work environment and provides career opportunities in a continuously growing company. We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce that represents our global customer base. Check out our products, history, and testimonials at www.Dura-Line.com.
Dura-Line is part of a community of companies, known as Orbia, bound together by a shared purpose: to advance life around the world. Orbia’s business groups have a collective focus on insuring food security, reducing water scarcity, reinventing the future of cities and homes, connecting communities to data infrastructure, and expanding access to health and wellness with advanced materials. The business groups include Precision Agriculture, Building and Infrastructure, Fluor, Polymer Solutions, and Data Communications, which collectively pursue human centric solutions to global challenges.