The Douglas County Library is now hiring!
Douglas County - Library Clerk
$14.38 Hourly - Full-Time
* Strong customer service skills.
* Ability to work in a fast and friendly environment.
* Assist patrons with various library needs and services.
* Checking in and out of materials.
* Proficient clerical and office skills.
* Assist in computer lab.
* Knowledge of library resources, materials, and procedures.
* Must have a high school diploma or GED.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of those specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Deliver and get mail from post office box daily. Sort mail and distribute to appropriate departments.
- Email the overdue, pre-overdue and hold notifications daily.
- Run the daily holds pull list, check the items in and put onto the delivery shelves. Prepare ILL materials for delivery pickup and check new delivery materials in.
- Put ILL requests onto the database for temporary use from outside Viking Library System.
- Check-in all newspapers daily and distribute for patron use. Notify library Automation supervisor if any are not received daily/monthly.
Douglas County is an Equal Opportunity Employer