Title: Bench Jeweler
(set up inside retail jewelry store)
Pay Type: Hourly, negotiable
Work Amount: Full time
The role of our bench jeweler is to repair jewelry items ready to deliver to our customers. This process includes soldering, sizing, stone setting, polishing, and quality checks. We have been servicing our customers for 38 years.
- Organization and cleanliness a must to keep work area clean.
- Must be a team player
- Ability to receive and react to constructive review of work
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Willingness to learn and grow with a small business.
- Must have long term commitment to this position.
- Stone setting: prong-set round and fancy cuts, and small melee prong setting. All stones must be tight, straight, and without shifting.
- Ring sizing: exact “spot on” sizing up and down.
- Polishing: carefully execute a bright mirror finish without reducing the metal or prong material.
- Head assembly: to be centered and straight
- Achieve constant results across all repairs and remounts.
- Know how to use a laser or be able to train to use and maintain a laser welder.
- We require a candidate to pass a bench test to demonstrate proficiency in the listed skills.
Must be able to effectively communicate with staff and customers in a friendly, professional manner.
Pace of Environment:
Must be able to work under pressure during high volume periods. Must be comfortable with repetitive daily tasks. Always maintain a high level of workmanship.
TO APPLY PLEASE SEND RESUME TO BILLYDX@EMBARQMAIL.COM