Product Application EngineerDEMA
Product Application Engineer
DEMA Engineering Company is a leader in fluid control devices and chemical dispensing systems for multiple professional markets including food service, laundry, housekeeping, car wash, agriculture, industrial, food & beverage processing, and equipment manufactures. Our products are sold to institutional and industrial chemical manufacturers, distributors, service companies and equipment manufacturers as part of a complete chemical solution for the end use customer. DEMA is a privately held company based in St. Louis, Missouri with multiple manufacturing locations across the United States and international locations around the world.
DEMA Engineering is seeking a Product Application Engineer. This person will join our GC team and be responsible for the development and application of solenoid valves. This position is located at, DEMA Engineering, located in St. Louis, Missouri, GC Valves’ parent company.
GC Valves is a leader in the development of solenoid valves for general purpose applications. Established in 1994 with headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina, GC Valves has grown to be the trusted name in general purpose and custom designed solenoid valves. GC Valves’ range of solenoid valves are used in many markets, including car wash, water quality, misting, food & beverage, energy, health care, special effects, process control, and cryogenics.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, which includes medical insurance, 401(k) with company contribution, and tuition reimbursement.
- Work closely with sales, operations, and suppliers to provide valve solutions to customers
- Design or modify valves to meet customer and company needs
- Manage projects to provide samples to customers
- Monitor product costs
- Oversee the production launch process
- Develop technical documentation to support manufacturing, sales, and listing agencies
- Oversee qualification testing of solenoid valves
- Some travel required to visit customers and suppliers
- Background in fluid controls and mechanisms design
- Able to work independently and manage multiple projects
- Knowledge of ferrous, non-ferrous, and plastic materials
- Solidworks modeling (part, assembly, drawing)
- Strong product development cycle experience (concept, design, tooling, pilot run, production, support)
- DFM - Design for Manufacturability (machining, injection molding, assembly)
- Effective use of MS-Office products
- Ability to work closely with customers
- Excellent organization skills, initiative, accountability, is detail oriented, and able to balance multiple tasks
- Excellent people skills - effective verbal and written communication skills - able to interact with internal/external contacts around the world ranging from production personnel to executives
- Capable of rapid concept visualization and able to communicate effectively with customers and sales
- Minimum BSME or equivalent from an accredited engineering college or university
- 5-10 years of experience as a mechanical engineer in a product development capacity, preferably in fluid controls
- Experience with hands on prototyping and testing a plus (3D printing and testing equipment)
DEMA Engineering offers a comprehensive benefit package, which includes:
- Medical Insurance (cost share)
- Company Paid - Dental Insurance
- Company Paid - Life Insurance
- Company Paid - Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Vision
- Voluntary Long Term Disability
- Voluntary – Critical Illness
- 401(k) with Company Contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness Room on site
- Health Club Reimbursement
Please visit our website at www.demaeng.com.
We do not pay for relocation!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer!